|Date Posted||August 20, 2019|
In a world where information is available at your fingertips and disruptive innovations are changing the way we work, live and communicate; we think it is time to redefine the goals of learning. Learning is not about certificates, acing exams, lectures and notes anymore! Learning is about knowing and exploring your potential, leveraging your strengths to stand out and making good choices, it is about looking for opportunities to solve problems and making change happen. We, at Sparkling Mindz, believe that learning should Inspire, Engage and Empower children for life.
Sparkling Mindz was founded by Harvard, IIM, ISB alumni with a vision to create innovative learning experiences and make education relevant in the 21st century. We believe that when we create inspiring, engaging and empowering Reggio-Emilia inspired, game-based learning experiences for children across ages, we create confident learners for life.
We are looking for passionate individuals who think that it is time our learning systems were innovated. Your primary role will be to work towards creating systems to inspire, engage and empower children and other stakeholders to sustain the transformation.
You can check out more details on our website at www.sparklingmindz.in.
Position Available: Learning Facilitator (English, Math, Hindi, Science, Social Studies, Computer Science)
Full-Time, Primary and Middle School
Location(s): Bangalore (Kannuru, Hennur-Bagalur Road, North Bangalore)
Training and Probation: 1 year
Working Days: Monday-Friday 8.00am-4.30pm and alternate Sat are working
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan the learning outcomes for children’s sessions in a child-centric manner in-line with the school’s philosophy
- Create lesson plans, materials and worksheets as per the plan
- Submit plans for review and approval, accept and improve the plan based on feedback
- Deliver the sessions to children as per plan, be open to discussions and suggestions from children
- Record and document children's observations on a daily basis and send updates
- Based on feedback received and/or discussions with team/mentor implement changes in class
- Collaborate with the entire team to deliver the learning outcomes in a creative, connected manner – cross-applying learnings in different areas and co-teaching classes with peer discussions
- Send updates on children’s performance and patterns along with class updates and review on a weekly basis with mentors
- Iterate through the lesson plans, delivery of games etc. to improve the learning process
- Plan and deliver the emergent sessions with children based on discussions with the team and inputs from children
- Interact and keep parents updated on a regular basis
- Attend regular team meetings/training sessions on weekdays/weekends
- Bring new methods and inspiring ways to deliver classes
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Graduation/Post Graduation from any recognised University with minimum 3-5 years of experience (B.Ed is a plus if you can show value to your delivery process)
- Interest to learn new skills and quick learner
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- An open attitude towards new ways of teaching and learning with children
- Demonstrate an empathetic and creative approach towards teaching and learning
- Enjoy and be passionate about working with children the Sparkling Mindz way
- Any previous experience of working with children or creative trainings attended is a plus
- Any previous training or counselling experience or a psychology background is a plus (need to be open to working with groups and not one on one counselling)
- Demonstrable skills in creative writing, public speaking or other hobbies is a plus
- Knowledge of MS-Office Word, Excel and Power point and an overall fluency with technology is a must
Will be based on your demonstrated skills and market standards.
Email us your latest resume and a cover letter on why you would like to work with us and why you are suitable for this job (without this your job application will be rejected)
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
- work: 1 year (Preferred)
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka (Required