Looking for a head of special school, which works with Intellectual Development Disorders (IDD). Candidate will be overall in charge of all technical and administrative services and will have 25-30 staffs and few consultants reporting to him. He should know about IDD intervention and also be an able administrator.
Responsibilities and Duties
Developing and administering the general school routine, and coordinate all activities within the school building.
- Participating in the selection of new teaching and classified personnel.
- Observing, counseling, and motivating professional staff toward performances to attain the educational goals.
- Utilizing optimally all available school facilities, materials, and staff service personnel.
- Continually evaluating existing programs and practices, curriculum content, and pilot or experimental programs.
- Maintaining an educational philosophy and school climate which encourages a cooperative and participating attitude on the part of all teachers and students.
- Maintaining a standard of student behavior and work on plans to modify them and minimize school and classroom interruptions.
- Resolving student behavioral problems on premises.
- Encouraging and initiating continued improvement in curriculum and teaching methods in cooperation with teachers, subject area specialists, and parents.
- Identifying intellectual, physical, social and emotional needs affecting students’ success in school, and taking steps to direct and coordinate the efforts of teachers and parents and offer special education advancement
- Planning and submitting annual budget needs for the school each year.
- Maintaining effective communication to keep the staff, students, and parents properly informed.
- Orienting new personnel assigned to the school.
- Having school records available and up to date for ready reference and reporting. 15. Planning and conducting faculty meetings as necessary.
- Interpreting and clarifying relationships between teachers, subject area chairpersons, and specialized personnel.
- Affecting or recommending changes which will lead to improved administration, supervision and opportunity for student development.
- Making recommendations to Board of trustees on any matter which will improve the excellence.
- Actively participating and encouraging staff participation in parent-teacher and other community groups, as a means of developing understanding, cooperation, and respect for school objectives and endeavours.
- Review, authorize, or disapprove Authorizing all professional staff requests for instructional materials and equipment within the approved budget.
- Authorizing all requests for transportation needs of the professional staff.
- Attending professional conferences, seminars, and workshops in education and/or educational.
- Networking with corporate to support diversity and inclusion programs at school.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Master/ Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education
2+ years’ experience as a Principal or in a school leadership role in a special school
Commitment to creating a productive educational experience
Proven history in improving teacher performance
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Interpersonal skills and upright attitude
Job Type: Full-time
- work: 8 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Bengaluru, Karnataka (Preferred)
- RCI qualified (Required)